Sunday, February 24, 2008

10 Vocabulary Words

Here is a list of 10 vocabulary words associated with me:
  1. Orator- public speaker. I was an orator on major events.
  2. Aristocrat- a person who has taste, manners, and a member of aristocracy. I, as an aristocrat, went to finishing school.
  3. Delegate- a person designated to act for or represent another or others. I was a delegate and senator of the United States.
  4. Sedition- any action, esp. in speech or writing promoting such discontent, or rebellion against a government. By promoting the revolution I took place in an act of sedition.
  5. Absolved- to free from guilt or blame or their consequences. I helped the colonies be absolved from the British crown.
  6. Imposing- very impressive because of great size, stately appearance, dignity, elegance etc. People have described me to look imposing and of great duty.
  7. Earnest- serious in intention, purpose, or effort. I was an earnest learner and citizen.
  8. Advocate- to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly. I advocated the American Revolution.
  9. Statesman- a person who is experienced in the art of government or versed in the administration of government affairs. I was a statesman of Virginia.
  10. Distinguished- made conspicuous by excellence; noted; eminent; famous. I came from a distinguished and wealthy family.

1 comment:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Excellent vocabulary word choices... you really understood the point of this question. I appreciate the words and thoughtfulness of your choices.